June 2022 – Park-wide maintenance
Throughout June, visitors will notice a number of changes across Parramatta Park as we undertake important park-wide maintenance and recovery following recent storms and flooding.
Please check this notice each week for work updates and impacted areas.
Work this week (6 June)
- Gawi shelter will receive a new coat of paint, upgrades to picnic tables and a full wash. Bookings for this shelter are closed until 3 July. Please visit our shelter bookings to book after this time.
- Picnic shelters at West Domain and Coleman Oval will undergo pressure cleaning and re-oiling of the timber frames. These may be unavailable at various times throughout the week.
- The Murray Gardens amenities block’s timber frame will be re-oiled. The block will remain partially open for visitors’ convenience.
- Paperbark Playground will be partially fenced off for timber oiling. Work is expected to be complete within two weeks.
- The fitness equipment at Domain Creek Pond has been re-oiled and refurbished with new signage to be installed soon.
Please take care around fenced off areas, and be mindful that the Park is still recovering from recent rainfall events and the ongoing the La Nina weather pattern. This has caused significant issues throughout the park including:
- Excessive growth of grassed areas
- Temporary closure of some areas
- Significant flooding/ponding of water
- Whole tree failures and branch failures (big and small)
- Waterlogging of picnic areas and wedding sites
Our ground staff are working hard to return the Park to looking its best and thank you for your patience and cooperation.