Updated 30 March 2020
We would like to assure you that it is our priority to safeguard the health and safety of our visitors and staff.
We are closely monitoring and responding to Government health advice in this rapidly changing environment and putting in place measures to protect our community during these challenging times.
At this stage, the public is being encouraged to stay at home unless shopping for essentials, travelling to and from work - where you cannot work from home, going to school and exercising.
Due to current social distancing requirements, our playgrounds are closed until further notice however our Parks and tracks remain open to ensure people can enjoy exercising outside and spending time in nature.
To ensure we can continue to keep our Parks and tracks open we need you to follow NSW Health guidelines below.
See our Frequently Asked Questions.
Visitors to the Park
Please take the following actions:
- Do not use our playgrounds or exercise equipment until further notice.
- Practise social distancing of 1.5 metres from other people and do not gather in groups of more than 2 people. Please be considerate of others and give other visitors space on paths, tracks and in the parks.
- Practise cough and sneeze hygiene by covering your nose and mouth with your elbow while coughing and sneezing. Tissues should be placed in bins provided.
- It is your responsibility to regularly wash your hands with soap or use hand sanitiser solution (minimum 60% alcohol) or wipes to protect your own health and other people’s health when using public facilities including toilets.
- If you have recently returned from overseas or have had close or casual contact with a person with COVID-19, please remember that you must self-isolate for 14 days. See NSW Health website for more details.
Park changes in response to COVID-19
- We have increased our routine cleaning schedule across our facilities (including working to provide soap in public toilets). However, it is still your personal responsibility to practise personal hygiene, as above.
- All picnic shelter bookings are now cancelled with a full refund. Our staff will be in contact with you.
- All events are cancelled.
- Weddings of more than 5 people will not go ahead.
- School excursions will not go ahead, in line with NSW Education advice. Please contact your school directly for any advice on school excursions.
- Sporting events will not go ahead. Please contact your sports club or organisation directly.
- Fitness groups can continue with no more than 2 people (but remember, to allow a minimum of 1.5 metres between each person).
Venue closures and changes
The following venues will be OPEN to the public until further notice:
- Gatehouse Tearooms, at Macquarie Street Gatehouse – serving takeaway food/drinks
The following venues will be CLOSED to the public until further notice:
- Georgie Boy by Circa, at George Street Gatehouse – temporarily closed
- Old Government House – temporarily closed
Please check directly with the venues if you have any questions about their operating hours or services.
Park staff and contractors
Park staff are required to practise social distancing of 1.5 metres and will be keeping a close eye on visitors to our Park to ensure Government advice is followed.
As the Park is our workplace, any staff meetings of more than 2 people will adhere to the social distancing requirements.
NSW Police have declared that they will be officially monitoring and enforcing the Government protocols, supported by Park staff when necessary.
Park staff will also follow hygiene rules around handwashing and the use of hand sanitiser or wipes, and will self-isolate if they have recently returned from overseas or have come in close or casual contact with a COVID-19 positive person.
For more information
For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions or please get in contact with us via: email@example.com
We will continue to provide you with updates as Government and Health advice changes and will ensure that we continue to provide a quality park experience for our visitors.
Please stay safe during this time, and for key information on COVID-19 in NSW, visit www.health.nsw.gov.au/coronavirus
Community Advice: https://preview.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/community-advice