Updated Tuesday 1 July 2020
The health and safety of our visitors and staff is our priority during this time.
We are closely checking and responding to NSW Health advice in this rapidly changing environment and will keep you updated as health restrictions are eased.
Parramatta Park is open and we are monitoring visitor numbers and behaviour daily to make sure we continue to provide a quality experience for everyone.
If numbers increase and social distancing becomes difficult, we will consider making the Park pedestrian-only and closing playgrounds again if necessary.
Here is the latest advice:
- Exercise is permitted with safe social distancing (1.5m) and groups up to 20 people.
- Playgrounds and outdoor equipment are open but to be used with caution. You must practise safe social distancing (1.5m), good hand hygiene and limit gatherings to 20 people.
- Picnics and outdoor social gatherings of up to 20 people with social distancing (1.5m) are allowed.
- Park picnic shelters are open for bookings up to 20 people with social distancing (1.5m).
- Most cafes and food outlets in the Park are now open, with restrictions in place.
- All major events are cancelled.
- Community sporting activities, including training sessions, may recommence.
- Where the activities involve more than 20 participants, the organiser must have a COVID-19 Safety Plan and the Trust will need to approve the plan prior to booking.
- Participants include players, people who are training, officials and spectators.
- The maximum number of participants at a community sporting activity must not exceed 500 participants.
- Commercial fitness groups and personal trainers must obtain a permit to operate in the Park
- Weddings: for booking inquiries, please contact the Trust to discuss your arrangements on (02) 9895 7500 or email; email@example.com.
Be COVID-19 safe
To keep yourself and others safe, remember to:
- Use playground or exercise equipment with caution.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap or use hand sanitiser solution (minimum 60% alcohol) or wipes when using public facilities including playgrounds, shelters, barbecues and toilets.
- Practise social distancing of 1.5 metres and do not gather in groups of more than 20 people, including children. Please be considerate of others and give them space on paths, tracks and in the parks.
- Practise cough and sneeze hygiene by covering your nose and mouth with your elbow. Tissues should be placed in bins provided.
- Stay home and get tested if you are unwell.
- If you have recently returned from overseas or have had close or casual contact with a person with COVID-19, you must self-isolate for 14 days. See NSW Health COVID-19 website for more details.
- Download the COVIDSafe app today.
Park staff and contractors
Park staff are required to practise social distancing and will be keeping a close eye on visitors to ensure the Health Orders are followed.
Staff will also follow hygiene rules, stay home if they feel unwell and self-isolate if they have recently returned from overseas or have come in close or casual contact with a COVID-19 positive person.
NSW Police have declared that they will be officially monitoring and enforcing Government protocols, supported by Park staff when necessary.
The following venues will be OPEN to the public until further notice:
- Old Government House – open Thursday to Sunday via pre-booked sessions
- Gatehouse Tearooms, at Macquarie Street Gatehouse – serving dine-in (limited seats) and takeaway options
- Georgie Boy by Circa, at George Street Gatehouse – serving takeaway food/drinks only
- Lachlan's Restaurant - no open (limited days), with limited dining service.
Please check directly with the venues if you have any questions about their operating hours or services.