Updated 28 January 2021
Following NSW Health orders, outdoor gatherings are now limited to 50 people only.
Please note that this is a revised order as of midnight, Friday 29 January.
Please remember social distancing and other COVID-19 safety guidelines when gathering in Parramatta Park.
The health and safety of our visitors and staff is our priority.
We are closely checking and responding to NSW Health advice in this rapidly changing environment and will keep you updated as health restrictions are eased.
Parramatta Park is open and we are monitoring visitor numbers and behaviour daily to make sure we continue to provide a quality experience for everyone.
If COVID-19 numbers increase and social distancing becomes difficult, we will consider making the Park pedestrian-only and closing playgrounds again if necessary.
Here is the latest advice:
- Exercise is permitted with safe social distancing (1.5m) and groups up to 50 people.
- Playgrounds and outdoor equipment are open but to be used with caution. You must practise safe social distancing (1.5m), good hand hygiene and limit gatherings to 50 people.
- Picnics and outdoor social gatherings of up to 50 people with social distancing (1.5m) are allowed.
- Most cafes and food outlets in the Park are now open, with restrictions in place.
- Most major events are cancelled.
- Community sporting activities, including training sessions, may recommence.
- Where the activities involve more than 100 participants, the organiser must have a COVID-19 Safety Plan and the Trust will need to approve the plan prior to booking. Please note, each picnic shelter is subject to its own capacity limit (including adults and children). Visit our shelter booking page for more information regarding picnic shelter capacity limits.
- Participants include players, people who are training, officials and spectators.
- The maximum number of participants at a community sporting activity must not exceed 3000 participants.
- Commercial fitness groups and personal trainers must obtain a permit to operate in the Park
- Weddings are capped at 300 people (fully seated) subject to the 1 person per 4sqm rule. For booking inquiries, please contact the Trust to discuss your arrangements on (02) 9895 7500 or email; email@example.com.
Check our Frequently Asked Questions for details. For more information, see the NSW Government rules on what you can and can't do.
Be COVID-19 safe
To keep yourself and others safe, remember to:
- Use playground or exercise equipment with caution.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap or use hand sanitiser solution (minimum 60% alcohol) or wipes when using public facilities including playgrounds, shelters, barbecues and toilets.
- Practise social distancing of 1.5 metres and do not gather in groups of more than 100 people, including children. Please be considerate of others and give them space on paths, tracks and in the parks.
- Practise cough and sneeze hygiene by covering your nose and mouth with your elbow. Tissues should be placed in bins provided.
- Stay home and get tested if you are unwell.
- If you have recently returned from overseas or have had close or casual contact with a person with COVID-19, you must self-isolate for 14 days. See NSW Health COVID-19 website for more details.
- Download the COVIDSafe app today.
Park staff and contractors
Park staff are required to practise social distancing and will be keeping a close eye on visitors to ensure the Health Orders are followed.
Staff will also follow hygiene rules, stay home if they feel unwell and self-isolate if they have recently returned from overseas or have come in close or casual contact with a COVID-19 positive person.
NSW Police have declared that they will be officially monitoring and enforcing Government protocols, supported by Park staff when necessary.
Venue closures and changes
The following venues will be OPEN to the public until further notice:
Please check directly with the venues if you have any questions about their operating hours or services.
For more information
For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions or contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org