Updated 1 April 2021
Following NSW Health orders, outdoor gatherings are now limited to 200 people.
Please note that this is a revised order as of 29 March 2021.
Please remember social distancing and other COVID-19 safety guidelines when gathering in Parramatta Park.
The health and safety of our visitors and staff is our priority. We are closely checking and responding to NSW Health advice in this rapidly changing environment and will keep you updated as health restrictions are eased.
Parramatta Park is open and we are monitoring visitor numbers and behaviour daily to make sure we continue to provide a quality experience for everyone.
If COVID-19 numbers increase and social distancing becomes difficult, we will consider making the Park pedestrian-only and closing playgrounds again if necessary.
Here is the latest advice:
- Help reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection by staying 1.5 metres away from other people where possible and avoiding close contact with people you do not live with.
- NSW Health strongly recommends that you carry a clean face mask with you and wear it if you are unable to maintain 1.5 metres of physical distance from others.
- Outdoor public gatherings, community sporting activities including training sessions, picnics, exercise and outdoor activities are allowed with up to 200 participants. It's encouraged to practise good hand hygiene and safe social distancing (1.5m) with people you don’t live with.
- Wedding organisers must comply with a COVID-19 safety plan. For booking inquiries, please contact the Trust to discuss your arrangements on (02) 9895 7500 or email; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If gatherings and planned activities are more than 200 participants, the organiser must have a COVID-19 Safety Plan and the Trust will need to approve the plan prior to booking. Please note, each picnic shelter is subject to its own capacity limit (including adults and children). Visit our shelter booking page for more information regarding picnic shelter capacity limits.
- Participants include players, people who are training, officials and spectators.
- Commercial fitness groups and personal trainers must obtain a permit to operate in the Park
- Playgrounds and outdoor equipment are open but to be used with caution. It's encouraged to practise safe social distancing (1.5m) with people you don’t live with, good hand hygiene and gatherings are limited to 200 people.
- Most cafes and food outlets in the Park are now open
Check our Frequently Asked Questions for details. For more information on these rules, head to the NSW Government website.
Be COVID-19 safe
To keep yourself and others safe, remember to:
- Use playground or exercise equipment with caution.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap or use hand sanitiser solution (minimum 60% alcohol) or wipes when using public facilities including playgrounds, shelters, barbecues and toilets.
- Practise social distancing of 1.5 metres and do not gather in groups of more than 200 people, including children. Please be considerate of others and give them space on paths, tracks and in the parks.
- Practise cough and sneeze hygiene by covering your nose and mouth with your elbow. Tissues should be placed in bins provided.
- Stay home and get tested if you are unwell.
- If you have recently returned from overseas or have had close or casual contact with a person with COVID-19, you must self-isolate for 14 days. See NSW Health COVID-19 website for more details.
- Download the COVIDSafe app today.
Park staff and contractors
Park staff are required to practise social distancing and will be keeping a close eye on visitors to ensure the Health Orders are followed.
Staff will also follow hygiene rules, stay home if they feel unwell and self-isolate if they have recently returned from overseas or have come in close or casual contact with a COVID-19 positive person.
NSW Police have declared that they will be officially monitoring and enforcing Government protocols, supported by Park staff when necessary.
Venue closures and changes
The following venues will be OPEN to the public until further notice:
Please check directly with the venues if you have any questions about their operating hours or services.
For more information
For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions or contact us via: email@example.com