Stage one construction for the new People’s Loop at Parramatta Park has begun along the Park Avenue boundary.
The People’s Loop is an exciting and innovative plan to remove cars, initially from West Domain Avenue within Parramatta Park, creating a wider and more generous pedestrian and cycling corridor, while providing carparking close to key park facilities.
We are working closely with the City of Parramatta and Parramatta Light Rail to minimise disruptions and complete the work as quickly as possible.
What do the works involve?
Stage one of the People’s Loop includes:
- A new 54 space car parking area, sensitively designed into the landscape setting, in the southwest corner of the Park
- 35 new car parking bays, located between stands of existing mature trees, along Park Avenue between the Queens Road Gatehouse and Coleman Oval
- Upgrade to the Queens Road Gatehouse park entry
- New park furniture and signage
- Improved pedestrian footpaths leading into the Park from Park Avenue
- Landscape improvements including planting 170 advanced native trees
What impact will construction have on the surrounding area?
- The Queens Road Gatehouse vehicular entry to the Park will be closed when its upgrades are underway. When closed, there will be no vehicle access to the Park via this entrance.
- Pedestrian access to the Park will remain open in multiple locations. Temporary detours may be required during different phases of construction and these will be clearly signposted.
- The southbound lane of Park Avenue will temporarily close at various times throughout construction, during off peak times. Park Avenue will still have two-way traffic under the control of trained and licensed traffic controllers.
If you wish to speak to someone about the project, please call 02 9895 7500.
For more information about the People's Loop, visit: www.parrapark.com.au/the-peoples-loop