Parramatta Park covers an area of 85 hectares and includes The Crescent, Old Government House, The Dairy Cottage, Parramatta Observatory site, Bath House, Boer War Memorial, Lady Fitzroy Memorial, cultural and natural heritage areas including approximately 10 hectares of remnant Cumberland Plain vegetation.
Parramatta Park receives over 2.1 million visits annually and is one of the 11 historic places that together form the Australian Convict Sites World Heritage property. It is managed by the Parramatta Park Trust.
The park was gazetted as a public park on 6 August 1858 when the first Trust was created
In 2018 we celebrate 160 years as a public park.