Youth Sport Upgrades
Park-wide sporting field upgrades
Parramatta Park is undergoing upgrades to its sporting fields and facilities as part of a $3 million park-wide project made possible with funding from the NSW Office of Sport.
The upgrades include a new sporting field at Mays Hill, renewed basketball courts, new and improved cricket nets and wickets and irrigation systems that will allow for an increase in junior sport use from approximately 265,000 users each year to 350,000.
The upgrades are being delivered in three stages over three years.
Stage 1 was completed in 2021 and included new turf and soil improvements.
Stage 2 is underway and is expected to be completed in spring 2023.
Stage 3 is underway and is expected to be completed in summer 2023.
- Mays Hill – returfing of the Mays Hill sporting field is almost complete. It is expected to reopen for use in spring 2023 once the turf has established.
- Coleman Oval – New synthetic cricket pitch installation and turf renovation including levelling
- Old Kings Oval – New irrigation to provide a more resilient playing field for representative community sport including home teams the Parramatta District Cricket Club and the Parramatta Lions Junior AFL Club
- Mays Hill – Renewed basketball courts; replacement and enlargement of cricket nets; installation of automated irrigation system; field drainage; underground services including power and water
- Cattle Paddock and Salters Field – Five new ‘to standard’ synthetic cricket wickets
What will it look like?
Caption: Artist impression of the improved Mays Hill precinct
Work is underway to establish the new turf field at Mays Hill Oval. The field remains out of use until the turf establishes and is expected to reopen in spring 2023.
Work is underway at Old Kings Oval to install new irrigation and will continue through to late September. Old Kings Oval will not be available during this time.
Work is also underway at Coleman Oval to install a new synthetic cricket pitch installation and turf renovation including levelling. Coleman oval will remain closed until late October.
Please visit our Park Notices page for the most up-to-date information on works currently underway on this project.
We have relocated all regular bookings of the fields to other parts of Parramatta Park. Please contact your local club for information on which field you should use.
If you would like to make a booking for a sport field, please visit our page or contact [email protected].
September 2023 – Coleman Oval works
Coleman Oval will be closed for works from Thursday 14 September until late October. The works will include the installation of a new synthetic cricket pitch installation and turf renovation including levelling.
We ask visitors to please be mindful of contractors and machinery on site.
The work is the final stage of a $3 million park-wide upgrade to its sporting fields, made possible thanks to a grant from NSW Office of Sport.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns.