FIRE BUCKET - Backyard yarning with Uncle Wes Marne
Friday January 15 to Sunday January 17
- WHAT: FIRE BUCKET - Backyard yarning with Uncle Wes Marne
- WHEN: 15 Jan. 2016 until 17 Jan. 2016
- HOW MUCH: General Admission $49/$44 + bf
- WEBSITE: http://www.sydneyfestival.org.au/2016/fire-bucket-parramatta
- CONTACT: Sydney Festival Reception firstname.lastname@example.org 02 8248 6500
A special Sydney Festival Event held in Parramatta Park!
Photo: Amanda James
Uncle Wes Marne is a Bidgambul man. At the age of nine, the Government walked his family off tribal lands from the Stanthorpe Hills to Deadbird Mission, Ashford. The journey took three weeks. At 93, Uncle Wes is sharing his stories – of his grandfather’s dreaming, of bitterness and love, and of his life as an Elder living in Mt Druitt.
Over the last year, his friend Alicia Talbot has been recording his stories as they visit Deadbird, retracing his extraordinary life and reconnecting the past with the present and future.
Now Uncle Wes invites you to gather with him and Alicia around the fire bucket to move backwards and forwards across time. No two nights will be the same.
Fire Bucket will also appear in backyards across the city and Redfern, click here for more info.
Every session (Held from 7.30pm to 9.30pm) will be held at a different location.
Please contact Sydney Festival reception on 02 8248 6500 or email email@example.com for date-specific accessible information.