Control and Command: Australian Garden History Society’s March ‘walk and talk’
Sunday March 25 to Sunday March 25
- WHAT: Control and Command: Australian Garden History Society’s March ‘walk and talk’
- WHEN: 25 Mar. 2018, 02:00 pm until 04:30 pm
- WHERE: Parramatta Park
- HOW MUCH: Members $20, guests $30, students $5, includes light refreshements
- WEBSITE: https://historycouncilnsw.org.au/control-and-command-the-world-heritage-significance-of-the-parramatta-park-landscape/
- CONTACT: 0407 464 876 email@example.com 9943 1456
The Australian Garden History Society’s March ‘walk and talk’ will take place at Parramatta Park and will be led by public historian Verena Mauldon.
This walk and talk aims to raise awareness of the world heritage significance of the landscape of Old Government House and the Domain, Parramatta Park. The Parramatta Government Domain was an important centre from which convict transportation was implemented. Here decisions were made about the control and administration of the convicts and colony.
Parramatta Park is a natural and cultural landscape that is still recognisable as the site where the establishment of a British military outpost, the dispossession of the Indigenous inhabitants and the foundation of a successful colonial settlement took place.
Verena Mauldon is a curator and public historian with over 20 years’ experience at some of Australia’s leading cultural organisations. She has worked at the National Museum of Australia, the Australian National Maritime Museum and at the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney. For seventeen years she was Curator of Parramatta Park managing, researching and interpreting the cultural landscape, archaeological sites, buildings and monuments of this World Heritage listed site. Verena is currently working at the NSW Heritage Division.
Purchase your tickets on the Trybooking website.