The following applies to all major events in Parramatta Park. Please check with our Event Management team for the guidelines applicable to your planned event.
The Trust’s Noise Abatement Plan must be used to develop an event specific noise management plan. An event hot-line number must operate during the event and a complaints log supplied to the Trust.
This plan minimises the impact of noise on both neighbouring residents, and wildlife.
In general, amplified music is limited to:
- between 9:00am and 10:00pm from Sunday to Thursday
- between 9:00am and 11:00pm on Friday, Saturday or the day immediately before a public holiday, and
- sound checks must be between 9.00am and 8.00pm.
- sudden loud noises are not permitted within 500m of the grey-headed flying-fox camp
A noise bond will be levied as below:
- First exceedance of Db levels, being less than 2 minutes duration, will be recorded without charge to the bond.
- Subsequent exceedances will result in a charge of $1,000 per minute or part thereof.
Show over runs:
- When shows fail to finish at the agreed time, there will be a charge of $1,000 per minute or part thereof.
- The show will be shut down after 15 minutes over run.