Caring for our heritage
Celebrating and caring for our heritage
We identify, conserve and celebrate our natural and cultural heritage values.
Our parks are such special places for many reasons, including being home to many important heritage places. As part of our heritage conservation program at Parramatta Park over $1M has been spent on much needed maintenance and conservation works across all of the heritage significant buildings, monuments and structures in the park.
- Boer War Memorial - work is almost finished on the Boer War Memorial Roof and Cannon. This is the last, and final stage, in the recent stone and metalwork monument conservation program carried out over the last 4 years to this significant memorial.
- Wistaria Garden - work is complete to the metal palisade fence and stone plinth and the gates are currently being repaired.
- Pitt Street Palisade Fence – painting and stone plinth maintenance works are now complete to this fence
- The Dairy and Ranger’s Cottage - conservation and stabilisation works are now complete to the Ranger’s Cottage and almost complete to the World Heritage Listed Dairy Cottage
- Rotunda and Bathhouse – painting, repair and maintenance works are almost complete to these Park pavilions
- Noller and Buttons Bridges – painting works to the Noller and Buttons Bridges is almost complete. and the bridges will be closed from 7.00am Monday mornings to 5.00pm Friday evenings and will be reopened for the weekend.
- Macquarie Street Gatehouse – painting, repair and maintenance works are almost complete and the cafe is open but with limited menu, takeaway only.
- Transit Stones and Gipps Boundary Stone – stabilisation works are now complete to these highly significant Early Colonial stones as part of our recent stone and metalwork monument conservation program in the Park
- Observatory, Lady Fitzroy, Billy Hart and Redoubt Memorials – cleaning, re-bedding, painting and stabilisation works are now complete to these significant Victorian and later era monuments as part of our recent stone and metalwork monument conservation program in the Park