COVID-19 information and updates
Updated 31 July 2021
Safeguarding the health and safety of our visitors and staff is core to what we do at Parramatta Park. We are closely monitoring and responding to Government health advice in this rapidly changing environment and putting in place measures to protect our community during these challenging times.
From 6pm Saturday 26 June until Saturday 28 August at 12.01am, all of Greater Sydney is subject to NSW Health restrictions to help limit the spread of COVID-19.
From 5pm Friday 9 July, under NSW Health stay-at-home orders, visitors are only permitted to enter Parramatta Park for essential purposes (including construction). This includes for personal exercise (limited to two people, excluding members of the same household), for takeaway food and beverages, for medical care or compassionate needs and for essential work. No carpooling is permitted between non-household members.
People must also stay in their Local Government Area or within 10kms of home for exercise and outdoor recreation except for residents from Blacktown, Campbelltown, Canterbury-Bankstown, Cumberland, Fairfield, Georges River, Liverpool and Parramatta (LGAs). Residents of these LGAs must wear a mask whenever they leave the house, even if they are staying outside, and may only move within a five-kilometre radius of their homes.
We urge visitors to ensure they stay informed and comply with the latest NSW Health orders.
Here is the latest advice:
- The one person per four square metre rule is again enforced in all parks.
- Practise safe social distancing (1.5m) and wear a face mask in situations where this is not possible.
- Wash your hands with soap or use hand sanitiser regularly.
- It's encouraged to practise safe social distancing (1.5m) with people you don’t live with and maintain good hand hygiene.
- If you have visited one of the identified venues on the NSW Health list and have been asked to self-isolate or have any cold or flu symptoms please respect NSW Health advice and delay your visit.
Thank you for following NSW Health Guidelines so we can continue to keep our Park and playgrounds open for you to enjoy.
- NSW Health listfor current COVID-19 locations and venues.
- COVID-19 safety plan.
- NSW Government COVID-19 website for more details.
- Download the COVIDSafe app today.
Be COVID-19 safe
To keep yourself and others safe, remember to:
- Use playground or exercise equipment with caution.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap or use hand sanitiser solution (minimum 60% alcohol) or wipes when using public facilities.
- Practise cough and sneeze hygiene by covering your nose and mouth with your elbow. Tissues should be placed in bins provided.
- Stay home and get tested if you are unwell.
Park staff and contractors
Park staff are required to practise safe social distancing and will be keeping a close eye on visitors to ensure the Health Orders are followed.
Staff will also follow hygiene rules and stay home if they feel unwell or have come in close or casual contact with a COVID-19 positive person.
NSW Police have declared that they will be officially monitoring and enforcing Government protocols, supported by Park staff when necessary.
Venue closures and changes
- BBQ facilities are closed.
- No new shelter bookings can be made until further notice.
Please check directly with the following park venues about operating hours and services:
For more information
For more information, email us via: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 9895 7500.
We would like to thank all visitors and staff for their patience during this time. We will endeavour to provide updates on this website, as and when they are available.
Please stay safe during this time, and for key information on COVID-19 in NSW, visit www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19.